- This event has passed.
Engaging Deeply with Families- 2 Day Workshop
January 25 @ 5:00 pm - January 26 @ 4:00 pm
A three-part training. Participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to engage deeply with families.
- Explore how culture and language effect family engagement in child care programs.
- Acquire new insights about the five protective factors that strengthen families.
- Identify each program’s strengths and challenges in engaging with and supporting families.
- Connect with other programs committed to creating a new family engagement paradigm.
- Create an action plan for family engagement and support.
- Receive up to four on-site visits with a trainer to put the program’s action plan to work.
Friday, January 25th, 5:00pm – 8:30pm (includes Dinner) & Saturday, January 26th, 9:00am – 4:00pm (includes Breakfast & Lunch)
Engaging Deeply with Families Two-day Workshop: Connecting, Learning, and Creating a Site Action Plan
Site teams must include at least one administrator and one teacher per classroom – larger teams are encouraged!
You will be assigned a Family Engagement Support Coach/Trainer who will schedule up to 4 visits with you to work on your Family Engagement Action Plan. Your coach will contact you to create a schedule of visits.
Expect the Family Engagement Meetings and Action Plan work to take 5 or more hours per month of staff time.
May 16th, 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Engaging Families Celebration! A chance to come together with other programs to go deeper, to share challenges and to celebrate successes!
– 小腳印幼稚園聯席主任Helen Lao